Nabtesco Corporation and its Group companies (collectively, the “Nabtesco Group”) undertake to properly handle personal information of employees or other personnel serving in the Nabtesco Group (“NTS Group Members”) pursuant to the conditions described below, in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the “Personal Information Protection Act”), the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures (the “Number Use Act”), governmental standards and guidelines concerning the handling of personal information, and all other relevant regulations, rules and guidelines applicable in Japan.
* “NTS Group Member” means an officer, employee or any other person who is currently engaged in business operations of the Nabtesco Group or a person who was engaged in business operations of the Nabtesco Group in the past (a retiree).
1. Purposes of using personal information of NTS Group Members
The Nabtesco Group will acquire, retain and use the personal information of NTS Group Members for any of the purposes listed below.
- Communications in the course of business operations; operations for administration of equipment or facilities
- Reassignment, personnel evaluation, commendation, disciplinary action, or other operations for human resources management
- Back-office services for workforce management
- Operations for wages, bonuses, retirement benefits, corporate pension plans, or the like
- Operations for personnel education and training
- Operations for employee welfare and benefits
- Operations for safety and sanitation, healthcare administration, or the like
- Operations for employment insurance or social insurance
- Operations for tax management, social security, or other statutory or regulatory affairs
- Operations for employee shareholding plans
- Operations associated with or incidental to any of the operations listed above
2. Purposes of using specified personal information of NTS Group Members and their dependent relatives
The Nabtesco Group will acquire, retain and use “specified personal information” of NTS Group Members and their dependent relatives for any of the purposes listed below, solely to the extent necessary for the intended purpose in each instance.
- Back-office services for preparation and submission of withholding certificates
- Back-office services for regulatory notifications in relation to employment insurance
- Back-office services for insurance claims based on the Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance Act of Japan
- Back-office services for regulatory notifications in relation to health insurance or employees pension insurance
- Documentation for property accumulation savings plans for employees
- Documentation for employee shareholding plans
- Documentation for public pension plans
- Back-office services for regulatory notifications for tertiary insured persons under Japan’s national pension plan
- Preparation of payment reports for remunerations, fees, or the like
- Preparation of payment reports for shares in the Nabtesco Group
- Preparation of payment reports for real estate usage fees, consideration for acquisition of real estate, or the like
- Other back-office services associated with any of the services listed above
3. Shared use of personal data
The Nabtesco Group may share personal data (excluding “specified personal information”) of NTS Group Members for use in accordance with the following conditions.
- Types of personal data that may be shared
The personal data of NTS Group Members acquired and retained by the Nabtesco Group which fall under any of the categories listed below, limited to what is needed to achieve the purpose of shared use in each instance
1. An NTS Group Member’s name, employee code or other identification number assigned on an individual basis, residential address, division or department, job position, e-mail address, or other basic information
2. Information about an NTS Group Member’s family members including their names and dependency status
3. An NTS Group Member’s job qualifications, reassignment, job performance evaluation, commendation, disciplinary action, or other information related to human resources management
4. Information about wages, bonuses, retirement benefits, corporate pension plans, or the like
5. Information about employee benefit programs such as the status of usage of benefit services
6. Information about medical examination findings or other health information
7. Other information that the Nabtesco Group may acquire and retain in the context of personnel administration and business operation and administration
- Scope of those who may share personal data
Japanese or foreign companies belonging to the Nabtesco Group
( Nabtesco Network in Japan, Nabtesco Global Network)
- Purposes of shared use
The purposes described in Section 1 (Purposes of using personal information of NTS Group Members)
- Person primarily responsible for controlling shared use
4. Provision of personal data to third parties
The Nabtesco Group will never disclose or provide any NTS Group Member’s personal data, without his/her consent, to any third parties other than the Nabtesco Group’s outsourcing partners, except when such disclosure is required under the law or justified on any other grounds.
* Specified personal information (as defined in the Personal Information Protection Act) of an NTS Group Member will not be provided to any third party, regardless of whether the NTS Group Member’s consent is obtained or not, except when such information is provided to an outsourcing partner of the Nabtesco Group within the scope of purposes of permissible use specified in this Policy or provided under Article 19 of the Number Use Act or any other applicable law.
5. Miscellaneous provisions
Any inquiries or questions regarding personal information of NTS Group Members can be directed to the following.
Personnel Department, General Administration & Human Resources Division, Nabtesco Corporation
General administration & human resources department of each Group company